Register to Volunteer
Safety Parents, Team Parents, Scorekeepers, Extra Coaches, Umpires
UpdatedTuesday March 9, 2021 byDLL Registrar.
WE NEED YOU!
The Davis Little League is an all-volunteer organization. From the board positions, to the coaches, to the field preppers, we can't do this without the help of every parent in the league.
Now that we are in the Red Tier, competitive baseball can be played and that will begin on 4/1/21. With games come additional volunteers needed for every team. Below is a list of volunteers that EVERY team will need to round out the parent staff that every team needs to run a smooth season:
- Manager (1) - All recruited - Thank you!
- Assistant Coach - (1-2 depending on division) - Some managers still have room for volunteers in these roles
- Extra Coaches
- Extra coaches are voluteers that can help the coaching team during practices and games but are not one of the designated 1-2 assistant coaches of record paired with that manager. They are usually recruited after the coach recieves their player rosters.
- Safety Parent
- We introduced the Safety Parent in our Fall Training season. This parent is responsible to checking temperatures of players as they arrive to the field as well as helping the coaches with player behavior to keep the kids safely distanced when not on the field.
- Team Parent Volunteer
- This role traditionally helps the manager in any way they see fit. Examples of team parent tasks include Shutterfly set-up (optional upon coach request), scheduling help, team notifications sent to them from the registrar or other board members, team communication from the coaches, team liasion to the Registrar for any communication needs.
- The TPV and the Safety Parent can be one in the same
- Every AA and Farm team must have 1-2 trained umpires on their team. Each team provides 1 umpire per game for a total of 2 on the field at all times.
- We had basic training this past weekend and will be holding another training before games begin. Stay tuned for announcements
- Every Farm, AA, AAA, and Majors team needs trained scorekeepers. We will train you on the art form of short-hand scorekeeping. Anyone can do it. Give it a try, you may find you become addicted.
All parents volunteering in the following roles must pass a criminal background check, as per our Little League International Charter:
- Assistant Coaches
- Extra Coaches
- Umpires (over age 18)
- Safety Parents
If you are registered for one of these roles, please complete our DLL Background Check Request Form so the registrar can submit your name to our 3rd party vendor, JDP (the perferred vendor of Little League International) to complete your criminal background check. Background checks come back the same day. This is mandatory and volunteers cannot perform in these roles without a verifited background check on record.
We have attached a PDF from Little League International on the Little League® Child Protection Program, or you can click this link for more information on the standards we strive to uphold.
HOW TO REGISTER
We need all volunteers to register in the SportsSignUp Play system. YOU CANNOT DO THIS THROUGH THE APP. YOU NEED TO LOG INTO YOUR SSU PLAY ACCOUNT FROM A WEB BROWSER.
The process is exactly the same as registering your child to play. Please follow these steps to complete this process
- Click on the green LOGIN button a the top of this page
- Log into your SSU Play account here. Here is the direct link to that login page
- When you're logged in, click "Apply to Volunteer"
- On the next page, click the bubble next to your name and follow the remaining prompts to complete the registration process.
Any questions about this process, please email Jennifer Anderson, Davis Little League Registrar