Team Parent Volunteers
UpdatedWednesday September 8, 2021 byDLL Registrar.
DAVIS LITTLE LEAGUE (DLL) INFORMATION FOR TEAM PARENT VOLUNTEER (TPV) - FALL 2021
This is a list of common tasks a TPV may be called upon to do:
- We ask that the TPV takes over recruiting and recording of all team volunteers so your Manager can focus on practices
- The registrar will provide all TPVs a list of remaining volunteer positions that need to be filled based to the registrar
- This is a catch-all meaning all non-baseball announcements will go to the TPV for dissemination to your team. We try to use TPVs for general announcements to bypass your coaches and keep them focused on coaching.
- If you have complaints or questions for the board on behalf of your team, you may contact anyone on the board to elicit a response. Likewise, we will contact either the TPV or the Manager to give information back to the team, depending on the nature of the message.
- TPVs may be asked by the manager to send out pertinent emails or texts through the SSU Play app.
- You may also be asked to schedule practices in the app for your manager.
- You MUST register as a TPV in SSU Play in order to have this admin access.
- You cannot schedule practices from the app. You have to log into your SSU Play account from a web browser.
- Help your coaches ensure that there is at least one, preferably two, scorekeepers per team.
- Scorekeeper training info can be found on the DLL website. Scorekeeper Training
- AA and FARM teams are required to have 2 trained umpires.
- Each team provides 1 umpire for each game. Having 2 umpires allows for flexibility in coverage
- Upcoming Umpire Training Sat 9/11/21.
- AAA and Majors Teams are strongly encouraged to have at least one trained umpire to avoid delays in games or coaches having to umpire. While the league does provide umpires for these divisions, if we have a sick call or an injury, having someone in the stands will allow the game to still be played. No ump - no game. If you have umpire related questions, please email Tom Windell at Tom@davislittleleague.org
- Per local rules, the home team will be responsible for field maintenance both before and after the game.
- Training: there is a field prep tutorial that can be found on the DLL site. Please pass this information along to any of your field prep volunteers. Field Prep Tutorial
- TPVs are responsible for coordinating the team party, including working with your manger regarding a date, securing a venue (a home/park/DLL complex after a game/Round Table/Lamp Post/Steve’s are all popular choices).
- TPVs will work with other families to decide if trophies/gifts will be provided to players
- All coaches and assistant coaches typically get a gift from their team. TPVs will collect money and provide thank you gifts or assign someone else to this job.
- Don’t stress on this one. Kids love pizza. Coaches love gift cards. To trophy or not to trophy. That is always the eternal question. We just ask that you lead the conversations